Saturday 7 September 2013

Stats will not be recorded... JUST KIDDING!

So last night I was playing some late night match making (DotA 2) with my lovely lady, and the opposing team had someone disconnect.  Like the well mannered man I am, I convince my team to pause and wait for the poor beleaguered gamer to reconnect.  One of the other guys on the the opposing team said the DCer was his friend and he was reconnecting.

Minutes go by with the disconnected Nature's Prophet not returning and eventually we decide to just unpause and play on.  Low and behold the NP never does reconnect and abandons the game.  A huge message pops on the screen in saying:

GAME IS NOW SAFE TO LEAVE AND STATS WILL NOT BE RECORDED.

3 of my teammates immediately disconnect making the game 2v4 in the team with a leaver's favour.  My fiance says "let's just quit, stats won't be recorded anyway".  It's starting to get pretty late and the last game I played was super satisfying (Divine Rapier Weaver) so I agree and we quit.  When I logged on this morning and opened up DotA Buff and DotA 2 (Yes I'm a loser and start gaming as soon as my eyes open), I see a big LOSS decorating my stats.

Uhhhhhhh, WTF?

It distinctly said that stats would not be recorded but then I got the big L tossed on my record anyway.  It's not a huge deal or anything.  It's actually not my first loss, but it's still annoying that the team with a leaver won and we lost.  Why even say that stats will not be recorded if they still are?  I'd rather have just played on for another 10-15 minutes in a 5v4 game or had the other team concede instead of getting a loss for no bloody reason.  I think it's time for Valve to re-evaluate their leaver/abandon system.

-HellFire

No comments:

Post a Comment