Thursday 29 August 2013

TPG League opens amateur DotA 2 league


It looks like I picked the perfect time to start a DotA 2 team because amateur leagues are popping up everywhere.  I already signed up my boys for CEVO and now TPG league. TPG describes itself as:

"TPG is a gaming organization that hosts amateur leagues for multiple games. TPG League started back in 2002 and we are very active with the first person shooter game Day of Defeat. We have grown into a large gaming community with players from all over the world. TPG has over 8,200 registered users over the course of its existence and we will be celebrating our 11th Anniversary this September."
 
I've personally never heard of TPG before but the more amateur leagues the better.  Back in the early days of DotA many of the North American teams would compete in CAL to gain experience and a bit of bragging rights.  I know I'd eagerly await Wednesday night each week (That was the default match night) and try my hardest with the team I was leading to bring home the W.  Other than SECS there really hasn't been any good leagues for burgeoning teams to make a name for themselves.  

My team is slowly coming together.  We had our first round of try outs on Tuesday evening and I'll be holding more try outs Friday and probably Saturday.  I wanna have a good roster of around 7 people I can rely on by the time these leagues start.  Keep your eye on this blog to witness the glorious rise of Bottle Rush (BR)!

-HellFire

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment