Sunday 4 August 2013

In House Gaming - DotA 2

This week I started playing in the North American In House League IXDL.  For those of you who don't know, In House League's or IHL's have been a tradition in DotA and now DotA 2.  Skilled players gather in a private player run league and compete against each other, gaining points and either climbing or dropping in the ladder.  These have been made so that good players can avoid being stuck with mouth breathing pubs and can play in a more competitive atmosphere to hone their skills.

Now this is by no means my first rodeo.  I've played in tons of IHL's back in DotA such as TIHL, NAIHL, DCL, etc, etc, etc.  I was even a voucher or a warn mod in a couple of them.  However, this is my first IHL in DotA 2 and I've gotta say I've been pleasantly surprised.  In any MOBA game there are ego's and in team fighting.  If I go through a pub game and don't have at least 1 nasally nerd trying to trash talk me then I feel cheated.  So far in all my games the ego's have been surprisingly low and there has been less fighting than in your run of the mill public match making game in DotA 2.  My team captain has always been nice and I've had a great experience in all my games.  I haven't played that many games so far (only 5) but I've enjoyed them all, even the 1 I lost.  I highly encourage anyone that wants to become a better DotA 2 player to sign up for IXDL and start playing in their open division.  It's a great way to get your name known in the community and meet some other skilled players.






-HellFire

PS: GO LIQUID AND DIGNITAS AT TI3!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment