Thursday 22 August 2013

Coast City is now FREE and Wonder Woman never looked so TRASHY!


I recently made a post talking about how Turbine really screwed up by not releasing the Coast City map to all Closed Beta testers for free.  It seems like the good people at Turbine either frequent my blog or were planning all the time to eventually release it for free, but wanted to make a quick dollar on their Founder's Program.  Either way Coast City is now released to all of the Closed Beta testers and I can't wait to play it!  I'm on shift the next couple days but on Saturday (assuming I can access the beta then) I'm gonna do a marathon session on Coast City and post a review. 

There are a couple new innovations on this map that aren't in the classic maps for DotA/HoN/LoL.  They are Power Relays and the Doomsday device.  I still haven't played this map but from reading descriptions it sounds like Power Relays are going to be super important.  If you control them they can give you the following:
  • One relay gives your team increased damage to drones.
  • Two relays add Elite Drones to your top lane.
  • Three relays add more Elite Drones to your bottom lane.
This is incredible!  I'm not sure how difficult it is to capture or control these but holding them makes it seem like you've already "raxed" your opponent without having to do an uphill battle through a choke point to destroy their buildings.  I'm definitely going to take advantage of what I hope is other peoples ignorance and cap these as fast as I can every single match I play.  The map hasn't been available long for mass consumption so I should be able to take home some free W's using this.



They also recently released a new champion in the form of Atomic Wonder Woman.  I'm a huge fan of the Prime Wonder Woman so I'm hoping this champion doesn't disappoint.  The previous WW was a tank type character but this new one is an assassin.  Assassin heroes are near and dear to my heart and after watching her champion profile, it looks like I'm going to be spending hours playing this hero and watching angry nerds furiously type excuses as to why they're dying in all chat.

I'm glad they released this hero but I really do think that Turbine needs to man up and release a Superman champion already.  I realize that Superman is a really difficult character in that he needs to be powerful but can't seem imba.  That's kind of always been the problem with Superman since he's basically a god, and can only be defeated by some stupid green rock or magic.  However,  please Turbine!  Release a Superman champion next!  Like most boys I've dreamed of being Superman since I was a kid sporting red gitch over my blue long john's and pretending I could fly.  Make this happen for me!

-HellFire


No comments:

Post a Comment